Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back To Work

I made it back into work today for the first time since surgery.  I brought my cane (below) with me to get around and a pocket full of pain meds to make the transition back that much easier.

Work wasn't all too bad, everyone there was very helpful, offered to get me water, etc.  Gotta take a little help sometimes, and it was nice of them to give me a hand.  Had a Qdoba burrito for lunch.  I checked a couple weeks back but nothing has changed.  Qdoba is still not a cure for a bum knee.  I'll follow up on this in due time, just to make certain the situation hasn't changed.

I had work to do, and stayed fairly busy so the day went by quickly.  It can get a little frustrating when it feels like everyone is asking you the same questions, and asking you how you're feeling, and can they do anything to help.  It's not that I don't appreciate it, and I know people just want to help, but for whatever reason I get annoyed.  It's probably more just being frustrated with myself. Having to explain what the prognosis is just makes me think about how long its going to be until I'm back on my feet.  It's tough knowing there are a lot of really simple things I'm used to doing without a thought that I'm just unable to right now.  I just need to take it easy and accept the help when people are willing to offer it.

All in all, it was good to be back at work, not laying in bed and actually making myself useful felt good.  I got home around 5:30pm and was pretty exhausted. I iced up my knee again, laid in bed and got a short nap in.  I was more tired than I expected since I slept pretty well the night before.  Just a longer day than I've been used to catching up with me.  Tomorrow I get to take my first real shower since having surgery, and I'm actually looking forward to that.

Here's the cane I've been using to get around.  It was my grandma's before she passed away.  It had a Made in China sticker on it, which I promptly removed.  America!  I think it's either an eagle, a whale, or since maybe a dragon on the top of the cane, but I'm not really sure.






No comments:

Post a Comment