Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 4 - Monday

Another very early morning for me.  I was up at 430am with tightness / soreness in my leg that I was unable to sleep through any longer.  I went to the kitchen ate some shredded wheat, drank a glass of water and put down a couple of pain pills.  Not much to do at 430am so I went back to bed, put ice on my knee and laid there playing Words With Friends and reading some news articles.  

At about 630am my dad woke up, so I went into the kitchen and sat with him reading the paper and eating breakfast (more shredded wheat).  My mom came out shortly thereafter and I worked on the Chicago Tribune crossword before putting it down to walk around some. 

I have definitely made some progress in the past few days.  I am able to walk, with my knee brace on and without any crutches or cane as long as the knee brace is fastened tightly.  It keeps my knee from bending much when I walk, but it feels good knowing that I am able to put pressure on it and give it a bit of a work out.  I did a few laps around the house, some with brace on, no cane and some with cane and no brace.  After awhile though I could feel my leg getting sore / tired so I headed back to the bed to do some knee bending exercises followed by another round of icing.  It's afternoon now, though it feels later because of the early morning.  I expect the rest of my day to be similar to the beginning exercise, stretch, pills, ice, repeat.  Back to work tomorrow too, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment